Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year and Top 3 Posts of 2013

Happy New Year 2014! Even with a pre-Christmas ice storm that was very challenging and had us without hydro, and then housing family that didn't have their power restored, we enjoyed a great Christmas with lots of fun family time. New Year's was on the quieter side with a nsmaller gathering with extended family and doctor's orders to rest so I don't end up in the hospital with my kidney infection again. I was so looking forward to the extra week off work to get some projects started around here but that didn't happen. Since I did spend lots of time laying around, I was able to look back on my top posts from 2013. 


Funny enough, number one was my first paint project of 2013, the hutch in our kitchen that went from honey pine to a pretty Mercury Glass white. Last year at this exact time I had my decorations packed away and the paint brushes out working on this piece. This year the decorations are all neatly organized in their new clear bins but still stacked on the dining room table. 


In October I used chalkboard paint to change a faded print in a vintage gold frame into a pretty chalkboard for our family room.


Finally, the third most visited post was this vintage wood dresser that I painted white with grey drawer fronts. This was a piece that almost got tossed more than once, but I'm glad I stuck with it and I was happy that it sold so quickly. 
So that's my top three but I did enjoy looking back on lots of simple and budget friendly decor and projects for our home. Now I need to get hubby and the guys to help me carry all those pretty new bins of decorations to the storage room in our basement. Wishing you and your loved ones all the best in this New Year!
Joining the following parties:
Be Inspired at Common Ground

8 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great projects, Elizabeth. Now on to new ones for this year.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you're very organized. My Christmas stuff is in a mix of bags, boxes and plastic bins. I feel lucky to just get it out of the house and into the basement! LOL. Glad that you had a nice Christmas and New Years Eve. Looks like you'll have some more projects to look forward to once you get better.

ANNE said...

Love those projects! Happy New Year!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

All pretty pieces! I've got all my Christmas stuff packed up, but my house looks like we've moved out.

Happy New Year!

NanaDiana said...

What fun to see your top three projects/posts, Elizabeth. I hope this year is full of many more wonderful posts- xo Diana

chateau chic said...

Hope you're feeling better, Elizabeth! It's so hard not to be able to get to the things we see needing attention.
It's always fun to look back at what was accomplished during the past year.
Mary Alice

Pamela Gordon said...

Happy New Year Elizabeth! I hope you are feeling much better now. I love these projects you did this year. They turned out beautifully. Take care. Pam

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Fun to peek back at your lovely projects! Hope you are feeling better. Wishing you health and happiness in 2014! Laurel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...