Thursday, June 12, 2014

Garage Sale Chandelier Find

In early May I came across this chandelier with pretty crystals at a garage sale for $10. 


It is shiny brass and I was considering spray painting it and hanging it in our master bath or laundry room, but I'm not sure. The shades are too fancy for my style, but maybe just the chandelier spray painted white, black or silver with just the crystals might work?


I considered trying Rub n Buff for a more aged brass look but I can't find that around here. Has anyoune tried Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on brass? 


The older couple selling it were downsizing and removed it on the realtor's advice but the gentleman assured me that it was working and had all the necessary wires/ceiling plate etc.


We took the quick photos when we brought it home last month and it is now in basement storage while I decide. I'm going to have to check out Pinterest for inspiration. Any ideas?

Edited to add: I got an offer that I couldn't refuse so I ended up selling this chandy. The money will go towards replacing the lighting in one of our bathrooms.

8 comments:

  1. I think it will look great painted! I haven't tried AS on brass, but I have used it on other metals w/o any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I think painting it will be a great idea! I painted mine (in the dining room) while it was still hanging up! I agree about removing the shades too. You could spray it or even hand paint it with a brush (which will take longer) but won't have to tape off areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to restore the chandy for your tastes.

    I wish we had a place for one because I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should see if I can get a picture of the shiny brass chandy that is SO similar to yours. My daughter and I sprayed painted it an off white an it has almost identical shades on it It is a gorgeous piece and painting it completely changed the look of the whole thing. GREAT find!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find!! Can't wait to see how you transform it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice chandelier! Will look forward to seeing how you transform it. An antiqued white would be lovely.

    Blessings,
    Dianne
    www.sweetjourneyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty chandelier! Whatever you choose to do with it, I'm sure it will look wonderful, Elizabeth. You are so talented.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to see your reveal as I have a similar but smaller one. Mine will probably be spray painted and hung at the top of our stairs... Probably! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...