Saturday, June 21, 2014

New Finds and Happy First Day of Summer

Happy first day of Summer! And it is a beauty weather wise here.  


This morning was the perfect summer Saturday for garage sales and there were lots in our neighbourhood. The tall apothecary jar, the mercury glass pair and the milk bottles were all from one place.


I have a few mercury glass pieces so this pair will fit in nicely.


The little calf salt and pepper shakers are new purchases from a gift and decor store recently. I couldn't resist them. I love the graphics on the bottles from two Ontario dairies.


The vintage cookie/biscuit cutters were $1.50 each and I will use them for display only. 

This afternoon I visited with my sister and her family (also in our neighbourhood) and I gave them some guidance with their gardening. Our boys are officially on summer break now. Our oldest son bought his first truck last week and is off to a cottage with friends so I think youngest and I will enjoy relaxing around the backyard fire pit tonight. I hope you enjoy this first day of Summer as well.

16 comments:

  1. Great finds! I wouldn't have been able to resist the milk bottles and shakers either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some wonderful things this week. I love the milk bottles and the cutters. I have a lot of old cookie cutters that I only use for display too as they are all darkened like yours are. Not safe. We did a lot of yard work again today. It's never ending. It was rather chilly most of the day with the wind blowing and a lot of clouds. I hope we have a nicer summer than last year! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! I adore the milk bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a really fun day!! :)
    I'm an apothecary jar snob and you got a truly beautiful one :)
    Happy first day of summer, Elizabeth!
    Blessings to you and your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a really fun day!! :)
    I'm an apothecary jar snob and you got a truly beautiful one :)
    Happy first day of summer, Elizabeth!
    Blessings to you and your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds. I love the candleholders and the bottles. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds on such a beautiful day here in Ontario.
    Wow your son's first truck. I bet you can remember his first toy truck...seems like just yesterday they were all babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new finds! I rarely go to garage sales because it seems all the good stuff is already picked over by the time I make it there. I know you've got to get there early.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finds, how fun. Those milk bottles are wonderful and I adore the cookie cutters too. Great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, all. I love the vintage cookie cutters, they make such a lovely kitchen display.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent finds!!! I love old milk bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some wonderful items, Elizabeth. Loving those milk bottles!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I do love those old milk bottles. I remember when the milkman would deliver to our house.
    We are having gorgeous weather in our location in Ontario too. I think we deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good hunting! I love the shakers! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to find your blog today! Your photos are beautiful!! I love those vintage stuff, especially the candleholders look nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those cow salt and pepper shakers!! Summer is good 'junkin' time for sure! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...