Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New Lakeside Wicker Chairs and Exterior Plans

Hey all! I am back after another extended blog break to share the new resin wicker Lakeside chairs we bought for our front porch last month. At least now the weather finally feels like summer!


I had surgery just over a week ago and since I can't do anything for the next month or so I thought I would upload photos of the new chairs, door mat, and plans for some exterior work. 


The 'Lakeside Collection' resin wicker chairs are from Canadian Tire. We bought them right before I went into hospital so we haven't had a chance to add any accessories. When I'm allowed to drive (and shop!) I will find some accent pillows. The door mat is from the ROOTS Beaver Canoe collection at Target (Canada.) I love the pieces they carry in that line. 


Since good weather was so late coming this year we didn't get a chance to power wash the front porch or start some exterior painting jobs. I'm the painter here so I figure by mid July I will be able to tackle the front door and porch post. The porch post and door trims will be white to tie in with the window frames and wave board above the second floor bay window. I just have to decide whether to paint the front door white or black. I'm leaning towards black as it is in our brick. Our soffits/eaves will stay a khaki colour but I'm trying to lose some of the more greenish paint.


In late Fall we had a new garage overhead door, garage side door and opener installed. The 15 year old builder doors were literally falling apart. The new garage door never needs painting -hooray for that!
Edited to add: the snowy photos are from February, we had a late spring but not that late lol!


After a very long and cold winter we discovered peeling paint on the bay window so that will have to get painted too. 


The roofs in our neighbourhood have been showing their age as well and the roofers have been busy keeping up with the demand. Our roof and replacement skylights are scheduled for next week and while we won't enjoy that expense it has to be done. The once brown, and now faded and worn out, shingles will be two tone black.

And by mid summer I may be able to add some pretty accessories to our porch, like this sweet candle that was a gift from my friend. In the meantime I will be very thankful for my helpful husband and I will get my decorating 'fix' by visiting my favourite blogs and Pinterest.

13 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Hope you're feeling better soon and totally recovered. Love those new chairs, they are fantastic.

lindaakacraftygardener said...

Hope the surgery went well and you are making progress each day. It is hard to sit still and not be able to do things that you want to do ... lots of note making, sketches, will keep you busy. Those chairs sure do look comfy for sitting in.

lindaakacraftygardener said...

Hope the surgery went well and you are making progress each day. It is hard to sit still and not be able to do things that you want to do ... lots of note making, sketches, will keep you busy. Those chairs sure do look comfy for sitting in.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I hope you are healing well. We don't get the cold winters you do, but we have had so much rain the last two years that we were covered in mildew. Hubby cleaned it all and had to paint some places on our trim that was peeling. It is always something.

White Weathered Hutch said...

Glad to see you're posting again. Don't overdue it Elizabeth.take time to heal.

Kelly said...

I wondered where you have been! I hope your surgery took care of whatever problem you were having. I wish you a speedy recovery too. I know you'll be happy to get back to a normal life again. Sounds like you have a lot of good plans for the outside.

Pamela Gordon said...

Welcome back Elizabeth. I hope you have a great recovery and healing from your recent surgery. I love your new chairs and have admired them in the flyers a lot. :) It seems there are always renovations and upkeep jobs to a house doesn't it. Take care of yourself and enjoy your new chairs. Pam

NanaDiana said...

I hope your recovery is better than you even hoped it could be. Love your new hairs and they are perfect for the front of your house. Look at that snow....oh- please-no more snow...ours just finally melted!!! xo Diana

ANNE said...

Omigosh - hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself!!

ps I love your new chairs. xox

laura Madalene said...

What great looking chairs . They look both stylish and comfortable, both of which are things that I guess most people are looking for in a chair purchase. The overall space looks really good, too!
-expectable-chair

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great looking chairs, Elizabeth. We are planning some outdoor work, too, and these chairs would probably be a good size for the little patio we are looking to put in.

Bliss said...

I almost had to turn away from the snow photos. It's still so fresh in my memory, seems like just yesterday we were covered in the stuff.

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Hope you are feeling well and have a quick but calm recovery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...