Friday, June 20, 2014

New Pillows and Lamps in our Family Room

Today I am sharing new pillows and lamps for our family room. I have been enjoying all the summer home tours and decided it was time to bring more of my favourite blues into our neutral main floor TV room. 



Since my husband is in charge of vaccuming while I am post surgery I didn't do any cleaning or styling for the photos. I had been searching for affordable lamps for some time. I had been admiring a pair very similar to these in a nearby decor shop for some time but at $150 each they were out of my budget. After stalking HomeSense in April I finally found this pair for $50 each (Cdn.) and bought them for my birthday. I love black as an accent in our home and the turned base appeals to me. I had considered large bottle type glass lamps but worried about possible encounters with my teen boys' big feet.


The pillows are actually Ralph Lauren napkins from HomeSense and I couldn't resist one of my favourite shades of blue. Almost an exact match to ASCP Provence. The feather pillow inserts are from IKEA.



Later in the summer I plan to freshen the wall colour with something lighter, possibly white, and rework the photo gallery. A few months ago we switched the leather couch and the white slipcovered couch between the living room and family room. It will be easier keeping the white slipcover clean in the living room. I shared the ASCP Old White end tables here, and I still need to spray paint the drawer handles black.


The pretty etched glass picture frame was a sweet birthday gift from a work colleague.


I added a Kalenchoe to a zinc pot on the end table for a bit of 'life' in the room. So nothing to fancy and still lots to do but I am enjoying the change on this lovely and warm Friday afternoon. I wish you all a great weekend. 

I'm sharing this at...

5 comments:

lindaakacraftygardener said...

nice simple additions to your living room, the pillow made from the napkin is a great idea

lindaakacraftygardener said...

nice simple additions to your living room, the pillow made from the napkin is a great idea

lindaakacraftygardener said...

nice simple additions to your living room, the pillow made from the napkin is a great idea

Kelly said...

I love the pillow you made. It's nice to lighten things up in the summer. I think painting your room white would look great too! Hope you're recovering well.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the blue in the fabric of the pillows you made, Elizabeth. Great find on the lamps. I love a chunky base like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...